I talk about things that I’ve learned on substack. Read about my values on my /about page.
You can email me.
I’m open to contracting/consulting engagements so feel free to reach out if there’s a project that I can help you with. Find out more about my consulting and business persona at https://mentallyanimated.com.
Things I’ve built
These are all projects that I’ve built for myself and not for the company I was working for. For work history and experience, check out my /resume or my linkedin.
- https://resumegpt.aaronbatilo.dev - A chatbot trained on text about myself and my career history. You can ask it questions about me and it’ll respond with a natural tone. Read more
- https://terragen.sh - MVP for terraform code generation
- https://sudokurace.io - Real-time multiplayer cooperative sudoku boards. Play with as many people as you want on the same board
- https://catstories.ai - Get a daily heart warming story about cats
- https://github.com/abatilo/chat, A small chat API, written mostly as an exercise in database schema design.
- https://github.com/abatilo/catfacts, Get a daily SMS message with a fact about cats. The facts are generated by OpenAI’s GPT-3 Davinci model.
- https://www.coloradoexcluded.com, A website that lists companies that are avoiding hiring in the state of Colorado. Featured on the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Atlantic, The Colorado Sun, and Denver’s 9News. Built with a React + TypeScript + Tailwind frontend, with a gRPC + gRPC gateway Go backend on AWS EKS, and AWS Serverless Aurora.
- pulumi-composite-actions, an alternative to the official Pulumi GitHub Actions that supports commenting on a pull request only when there’s detected changes as well as Pulumi’s internal S3 state locking with built in retries.
- EC2Throughput, learn what it means for an EC2 instance to have ”Up to N Gigabit” network performance. All benchmarks are ran automatically and published to the website immediately after tests complete. EC2 instances are orchestrated with Pulumi. Website is React + TypeScript + Next.js hosted on Vercel.
- github-action-locks, DynamoDB based locking for use in a GitHub Actions workflow to guarantee atomic execution of your GitHub Actions. Go binary that interacts with AWS DynamoDB.
- PR preview deployments, a demo project where I demonstrate an implementation of Heroku’s Review Apps and FeaturePeek for container based web services. Go application that would receive webhooks to trigger a file system refresh. Proof of concept implementations with Istio and Traefik ingress.
- Actions Panel, former GitHub App for managing manual execution of GitHub Actions. GitHub themselves, Microsoft, Docker, Tidal Music, MGM Resorts and over 200 other users had the GitHub App installed before GitHub released the feature themselves 6 months after launch. React + TypeScript + Primer frontend with a RESTful Go backend. Click here for an old screenshot.
- actions-poetry, a GitHub Action for executing poetry the Python package management tool. It’s been kept up to date with GitHub Action best practices.
- readinglevel.app, analyze text for estimated reading comprehension requirements.
- typed-json-dataclasses, zero configuration strong typing for data models and json SerDe your @dataclasses. On PyPI.